Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Easter and so on...















A few of my friends have asked me to post a blog about Ellie and her beloved Easter candy!!
It's no lie that Ellie loves a sweet-treat- just like her Mommy! In fact, we were stretching that Easter basket for days and days allowing her 1 piece after dinner if she had good behavior (havior) and she calls it.... Well, she had a really rough week a few weeks back (you know it's hard being 3!!) and her punishment after many warnings was to throw away all of her Easter candy....seems drastic I know... Eric took her outside to the big garbage can and emptied out one by one each egg that had candy in it-- allowing her to just watch as they landed into the bottom of the can... it was quite dramatic as you can imagine. She was very serious and asked lots of questions.
The next day while we were sitting at the dinner table she whispered to me....'Hey Mom, wanna know what I wanna be when I grow up?.... A Trash man so I can get all of my Easter candy back!' Eric and I were in hysterics of course!! We've traumatized her forever! BUT-- she's had beautiful 'havior' ever since!
About 2 weeks later- while heading out the front door one early morning-- she saw the Recycle guy picking up our red bins outside.... she yelled to him.....'Hey... think I could get my candy back'!

No comments:

Post a Comment